Jul 21, 2016
Jordan Gal is founder of
Carthook, a cart abandonment software solution that recovers lost
revenue by following up with potential customers who don’t complete
the checkout process. Jordan previously ran a successful
ecommerce business that was acquired.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- [0:15] Jeremy’s introduction of Jordan Gal,
ecommerce software developer.
- [1:28] The most important thing Jordan did:
found a good Volusion developer.
- [6:03] Mistakes made on the checkout
- [7:25] The most common reasons people abandon a
- [9:06] The power of a live chat functionality
that tracks user activity on the site.
- [12:19] Why people abandon SaaS
- [14:28] Observations from working with
- [20:05] A story that illustrates the importance
of phone contact with prospects and customers.
- [24:50] The good and difficult parts of scaling
an ecommerce business.
- [28:34] Mistakes ecommerce builders should
- [31:37] The major skillsets Jordan had that he
would never pass to someone else.
- [37:00] Mistakes Jordan made building an
- [42:01] Platforms Jordan recommends - and know
that no platform is perfect.
- [44:38] The power of reviews on your ecommerce
- [46:00] The type of software you must have for
- [55:49] Best time frames for follow up of
- [58:00] Email sequence
- [1:03:51] Things Jordan has implemented because
of customer feedback.
- [1:10:04] Things ecommerce people need to check
in their business.
- [1:14:23] Jordan’s typical schedule to balance
work and life.
- [1:17:30] Jordan’s journey from Israel to the
U.S. and his family life.
- [1:25:27] Things Jordan learned from his Dad’s
direct response business.
- [1:33:28] The highest priority step ecommerce
owners should do now.
In this episode…
Cart abandonment is a big issue
in the ecommerce space. If you can close that loop you’ll
significantly increase your revenue and build a more effective
follow up sequence with your customers. This episode is about
helping you make cart abandonment a thing of the past.
Instead of hitting on the
generalities of ecommerce, this episode drills down into some of
the most important aspects of how you can optimize your process to
convert more shoppers on your website into paying
Today’s guest, Jordan Gal has a
wealth of experience in direct response sales, the creation and
operation of his own successful ecommerce business, and now as a
software entrepreneur for Carthook, one of the best shopping cart
abandonment solutions in existence.
If you want to increase your
revenue through capitalizing on the customers that are already
visiting your ecommerce site, this episode is for you. Jordan Gal
shares best practices for on page optimization, checkout page
improvements, and follow up sequences for those who have abandoned
the cart on your site.
If you’re ready to make cart
abandonment a thing of the past on your ecommerce site, this
episode with Jordan Gal can move you a long way toward making sure
it’s a reality. Don’t miss this one.
Resources Mentioned on this