Mar 31, 2016
Dr. Jonathan Carp Founded
MiracleNoodle after visiting a friend in Japan. The miracle
noodles have zero calories and zero net carbs. The company has sold
millions of packs of noodles worldwide and have been featured on
Dr. Oz, Rachael Ray and all over the news and media.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
Pre-show banter (this is interesting
- [0:01] What Jonathan’s business does at trade
- [0:08] What’s in the pipeline for Jonathan and
- [0:31] Some products Miracle Noodle
- [1:03] The hardest products to source and
- [1:45] Keeping quality high for all
- [2:41] This highlight of his last trip to
- [3:37] Protecting your ideas in the
Outline of the
- [4:42] Jeremy’s welcome and introduction to
this episode with guest Dr. Jonathan Carp.
- [5:20] Who is Dr. Jonathan Carp? Here’s
- [5:49] How is it possible to create noodles
with zero calories and zero net carbs.
- [6:15] The target market for
- [7:06] What really works with boosting sales
- [7:56] A fun split test they did for
- [9:35] Analyzing incoming traffic and adjusting
- [10:27] Understanding analytics and how to
focus your time where it will make the biggest impact.
- [11:02] The challenge of segmentation and how
to tackle it.
- [11:53] The MiracleNoodle newsletter and how to
create focused, effective content.
- [14:01] The value of offering educational
content in the newsletter.
- [15:33] The role of retail distribution in
- [16:54] Networking at tradeshows and how it
helps you figure out what works.
- [20:42] How did Jonathan know MiracleNoodle was
ready for retail?
- [21:20] The biggest challenges Jonathan faced
as the business grew.
- [23:35] Working with family in the
- [25:18] The goals when they attend a
- [26:42] How to attract attention and gain
clients at a tradeshow.
- [31:49] Mistakes Jonathan wished he had
- [33:30] The why behind starting MiracleNoodle
and the other businesses Jonathan created in the past.
- [36:39] The advice Jonathan has received from
friends in marketing.
- [37:56] What did Jonathan want to be when he
- [41:44] The start of the journey for
- [46:52] Managing his time when starting the
business and still running a busy practice.
- [48:05] The decision to stop working full time
in his medical practice.
- [48:45] The process of sourcing his own product
as the company grew.
- [49:47] The very first MiracleNoodle product
and the evolution of the company from there.
- [50:17] The milestones of
- [52:06] Preparing for huge milestones, like
being mentioned on Dr. Oz.
- [55:20] How to set up a call center to support
customer service needs.
- [56:20] Tips for managing virtual
- [57:54] Finding the right fulfillment company
for your needs.
- [58:45] Other important milestones for the
- [59:28] The evolution of MiracleNoodle
- [1:00:29] The process of launching
- [1:02:15] Other big challenges to look out
- [1:04:22] Tools and technology they use to
streamline systems and communication.
- [1:06:57] Why they decided to switch to Shopify
for their shopping cart.
- [1:07:55] Tips on converting a customer into a
- [1:09:48] The lowest point in the business for
Jonathan and the proudest moment in the business.
In this episode…
Some people were born to bring
ideas to life. Dr. Jonathan Carp is such a person. He’s been
creating products for much of his life, so it only seems natural
that he has created a product that has taken the world by storm. As
a physician, Jonathan is passionate about including nutrition as a
treatment to autoimmune diseases. So, when he discovered Shirataki
noodles, an idea was born. By marrying basic marketing principles
with a passion for offering natural, high quality, healthy foods,
Jonathan has created a revolutionary product that has reached
Today’s conversation centers
around Jonathan’s ability to understand the market and allow the
products to evolve accordingly. He shares the value of analyzing
the audience in order to effectively capture the target market and
grow the business. The Miracle Noodle line of products is all about
healthy, delicious foods that can be enjoyed by anyone - including
those with special dietary needs.
The company mission is all about
traditional ingredients paired with educational content. The value
of this comes from an understanding of the Miracle Noodle audience
and customer base. Jonathan shares why you must devote time to
understanding your audience and segmenting in order to deliver
From retail distribution to
fulfillment, Miracle Noodle faced its share of challenges along the
way. The important thing in the journey, according to Jonathan, is
to always focus on continuous improvements in all areas. It’s this
focus on quality in all areas that created the opportunity for such
high accolades from Dr. Oz, Rachael Ray, and many others.
This interview with Dr. Jonathan
Carp is filled with insight into challenges, key learnings, and
major milestones a small business faces as it grows. From the start
of the journey through the incredible success Miracle Noodle enjoys
today, Jonathan maintains perspective and an understanding of what
matters most - happy customers.
Resources Mentioned on this