Dec 31, 2015
Dr. Jeff Spencer is Founder of
the Champions Blueprint. He is a former Olympian and Over the last
forty years, he has worked alongside some of our generation’s
greatest achievers: Sir Richard Branson, Tiger Woods, Lance
Armstrong, U2, Olympic gold medalists, just to name a few. It is
not often I feature a fellow Chiropractor. People call him the
Cornerman to World-Champion athletes and business
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn in this
- [0:25] Welcome to the episode’s guest, Dr. Jeff
- [1:18] An interesting fact about Dr. Spencer:
An accomplished Glass Sculptor.
- [3:27] Why working harder is NOT the path to
- [8:02] An example of where people think a path
will lead to success, but it doesn’t.
- [10:27] How to get out of the “work harder”
- [12:23] The things that drove Dr. Jeff from a
very early age.
- [14:32] Mentors who have influenced Dr.
- [15:29] Rare mental tweaks learned from his
- [16:56] What is going through your mind when
you’re feeling the pain? How do you push through?
- [18:37] Dr. Spencer’s experience as an athlete
in the Olympics.
- [23:14] The type of training required to get to
an Olympic level of performance.
- [25:28] The inspiration behind Dr. Spencer’s
book and program.
- [28:20] The first steps toward establishing a
- [30:27] The biggest challenge people have in
determining what their legacy will be.
- [32:46] The power of envisioning how your life
will change when you develop the champion’s mindset.
- [34:00] The real issues behind developing a
- [35:32] How physical health fits into the
champion’s mindset and how Dr. Spencer manages his own diet and
- [38:53] Understanding whether you have the
material assets to begin and the challenges in accumulating
- [40:51] Gaining early momentum in your
Champion’s Blueprint and why the plan has to flex as you
- [43:34] Developing the skill to achieve the
goal, to the point that you can’t get it wrong.
- [45:40] The strangest application this approach
has been used for.
- [47:35] How to begin implementing this approach
- [51:25] Accessing Dr. Spencer’s help and
- [52:28] An example of Dr. Spencer’s help to
high level performers.
- [57:57] How the principles apply in a “make or
- [59:51] Books from Dr. Spencer.
- [1:00:45] The kinds of things Dr. Spencer wants
to know in big time businesses (like the advice he gave to Richard
- [1:02:20] The first things Dr. Jeff did after
graduating High School.
- [1:05:16] Why Jeremy sees Dr. Jeff as the “turn
the corner” man - and what it was like to work with someone like
- [1:09:20] Dr. Spencer’s biggest challenges
throughout his career.
- [1:11:27] The lowest point in Dr. Jeff’s life
and how he pushed through it.
- [1:15:19] The proudest moment in Dr. Spencer’s
- [1:19:04] Amazing things Dr. Jeff has learned
from his adopted daughter.
In this episode…
How many things in life have
defeated you? Looking back, how many of those defeats were because
of a breakdown in your will… you simply didn’t want it badly
Those are some of the most
difficult questions to answer, both because we don’t naturally tend
toward knowing ourselves that well, and because we are not
adequately trained to make those assessments about ourselves and
our lives from an early age.
Today’s conversation with Dr.
Jeff Spencer may help you make up for some lost ground in those
areas. Dr. Spencer is a performance coach for people ranging from
elite athletes to high profile business figures like Sir Richard
Branson. His insights are not the common “trust the universe”
mantra, but something more practical and real.
The Champion’s Blueprint, step
On this episode of Inspired
Insider, Dr. Spencer shares the basic steps of his “Champion’s
Blueprint” methodology, unpacking a wealth of knowledge about how
our minds and wills operate, why our cultures typical “gap
approach” to achievement and performance is proven to be
antithetical to high levels of achievement, and how you can begin
training your mind to propel you to the levels of accomplishment
If you’re looking for mindset
tips to increase performance, Dr. Spencer is the guy to point you
in the right direction.
In his work with athletes and
business leaders Dr. Spencer has had the opportunity to not only
mentor people to greater levels of success, but to continue honing
his performance theories and his understanding of human
achievement. The lessons he’s learned in the trenches of his own
athletic career (he was an Olympian back in the day), business
consulting, and performance coaching continues to serve himself and
others in a variety of powerful ways.
So grab a cup of coffee and a
notepad and get ready to learn - about yourself, your failures,
your successes, and what’s possible when you develop a champion’s
Our massive thanks goes out to
Dr. Jeff Spencer for giving us so much time and such powerful
Resources Mentioned on this